Ahem...

A test that modifies its experimental setup ? What are you playing at, guys
? Quantum mechanics ? Economics ?

<OffTopicButWhatTheHeck>

Furthermore, Mathematica may still be handy in many cases such as :
sage: var("a,b")
(a, b)
sage: (sin(a)+sin(b)).trig_expand()
sin(a) + sin(b)
sage: (sin(a)+sin(b)).trig_reduce()
sin(a) + sin(b)
sage: (sin(a)+sin(b)).trig_simplify()
sin(a) + sin(b)
sage: (sin(a)+sin(b)).simplify_full()
sin(a) + sin(b)
sage: mathematica.TrigFactor(sin(a)+sin(b)).sage()
2*cos(1/2*a - 1/2*b)*sin(1/2*a + 1/2*b)

I intend to solve this one (and a couple similar others), if only by brute
force (it is easy to build a table of substitution expressions with
wildcards). It's part of (large) potential "pedestrian" enhancements to
Sage that can be done at undergrad/high school level : one more reason to
have a fully supported Sage on Windows... Mor on this on sage-devel when I
will have taken the time to think it concisely...

</OffTopicButWhatTheHeck>