On Monday, October 9, 2023 at 2:53:57 PM UTC-7 Dima Pasechnik wrote:

On Mon, Oct 9, 2023 at 10:44 PM John H Palmieri <jhpalm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Monday, October 9, 2023 at 9:44:02 AM UTC-7 Dima Pasechnik wrote:
>
> On Mon, Oct 9, 2023 at 5:39 PM John H Palmieri <jhpalm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > (I tried to send this last night and I see some indication that the
message was deleted, so I'm reposting. Apologies if this has already
appeared.)

> > I see some error message (aside from those already reported) but the
build completes anyway. These are probably not new.

> > In pythran's log:
> >
> > ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement numpy
(from pythran) (from versions: none)
> > ERROR: No matching distribution found for numpy
>
> numpy is a dependency of pythran, apparently - but it's not listed.
>

> It looks like pythran is an order-only dependency of cython which is an
order-only dependency of numpy, so I guess we're trying to avoid circular
dependencies by not listing numpy as a dependency of pythran?

How is it going to help? A circle is not null-homotopic (topology!),
thus one would need to bootstrap one of the packages...

How is what going to help? I didn't make any suggestions, although I'm
wondering how the whole thing works.

> > In notebook's log:
> >
> > ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement
jupyter_packaging~=0.9 (from versions: none)
> > ERROR: No matching distribution found for jupyter_packaging~=0.9
>
> not sure - I guess it's a good idea to make sure we're switching to
> modern notebook (7) asap.
>

> > Should we be concerned about these?
> >

> > On Monday, October 9, 2023 at 9:25:44 AM UTC-7 emanuel.c...@gmail.com
wrote:

> >> Le lundi 9 octobre 2023 à 18:17:11 UTC+2, Dima Pasechnik a écrit :
> >>
> >> [ Snip... ]

the requirement hatchling (from versions: none)“, which I do not
understand..

> >> just a missing dependency (hatchling) for attrs.
> >>

> >> as a hotfix, run
> >>
> >> make hatchling
> >>

> >> Seems to work... but fails again :
> >>
> >> ```
> >> Processing
/usr/local/sage-10/local/var/lib/sage/venv-python3.11/var/lib/sage/wheels/hatch_vcs-0.3.0-py3-none-any.whl

> >> ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement
hatch-fancy-pypi-readme (from versions: none)

an email to sage-release...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-release/44895efa-3007-441d-ae1c-681d7c314d87n%40googlegroups.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-release/46c0210b-17df-43eb-96c1-87855dd38af2n%40googlegroups.com.