On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 9:49:20 AM UTC+1, Pierre wrote:

> Is there any interface between Sage and persistent homology software? For
> example this:
>
> http://gudhi.gforge.inria.fr/
>

> or this:
>

> http://mrzv.org/software/dionysus/index.html
>

> (Older threads here or on sage-devel seemed to indicate that the answer was
> "no", but they're quite old.)
>

> Incidentally, if anybody has managed to install GUDHI either on Mac OSX or on
> SMC, i'd be interested to know how this was achieved.
>

> Thanks!

thanks for the links. Last time I looked into it a couple of years ago, the
software landscape in this area consisted of some closed-source efforts
mostly. It's great these two can be used easily now.
(it's perhaps telling that dionysus only got its GPL license a month ago
:-))

The only related effort that has some connection to Sage is Kenzo
(https://github.com/gheber/kenzo), which has a persistent homology
computation package; more precisely, it can compute persistent homology
groups, which are basically reincarnation of groups in Leray spectral
sequence (cf https://arxiv.org/abs/1308.0801).
(I don't know what the exact status of Kenzo in Sage is ATM)

Dima