From k2...@att.net  Wed Feb  1 22:44:32 2006
From: k2...@att.net (Bill Brelsford)
Date: Wed Feb  1 22:45:03 2006
Subject: [sane-devel] Scanner (USB) not found after kernel upgrade

After upgrading my kernel from 2.6.11.7 to 2.6.14.3 (and also with
2.6.15.2), scanimage no longer finds my Epson CX4600 scanner.

    $ sane-find-scanner
    found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x080d
        [USB MFP]) at libusb:002:002

    $ scanimage -L
    No scanners were identified. ...etc.

The permissions on /proc/bus/usb/002/002 are still set up
correctly.  Dmesg and boot messages yield no obvious clues.
Other USB devices continue to work, including the CX4600
printer.  I'm running Debian Sarge on an i386.

Suggestions?  Thanks..

--
Bill Brelsford
k2...@att.net