All, can anyone help me find the past email discussion, or at least the rationale that someone wrote somewhere (e.g. on Github?), supporting the Subject attributes encoding relative order requirement that was introduced in BR 2.0.0 (Ballot SC-062) ?

I am talking about ยง7.1.4.2 Subject Attribute Encoding, and specifically about this language:

"CAs that include attributes in the Certificate subject field that are listed in the table below SHALL encode those attributes in the relative order as they appear in the table and follow the
specified encoding requirements for the attribute."

I do not recall, and cannot find, a discussion on this mailing list on this particular topic. Maybe I just missed a whole bunch of email messages due to some otherwise undetected email problem. I also did a search on Github, starting from the links provided at https://cabforum.org/2023/03/17/ballot-sc62v2-certificate-profiles-update/), but was unable to figure out who proposed it and, above all, for what reason.

Adriano