I have three questions about the implications of changes proposed by this
ballot:

1. Section 9.6.1 adds language that imposes or makes the following
requirements explicit:

> i. the Subscriber has been provided with the most current version of the
> Subscriber Agreement;
> ii. the applicable Subscriber Agreement is the Subscriber Agreement that
> was accepted when the Certificate was issued; and

I am aware that ACME RFC 8555 section 7.3.3 provides a mechanism for
updating the Subscriber Agreement ("Terms of Service" in the RFC). The
language above seems to imply that this mechanism must be used whenever a
CA changes their Subscriber Agreement. Has this mechanism been deployed and
used at scale?

SIde note here that "accepted when the Certificate was issued" could be
misconstrued to conflict with the statement in 9.6.3 that "a single
Subscriber Agreement MAY be used to cover multiple future certificate
requests and the resulting Certificates". I'd suggest changing "accepted"
to "in force".

2. Section 9.6.3 states that ".The CA SHALL implement a process to ensure
that ... if the CA and Subscriber are the same entity or are Affiliated,
that the Applicant has committed to comply with the Subscriber Agreement."
How would an auditor confirm this?

3. Finally, I'm wondering if some CAs could find themselves out of
compliance when these changes go into effect because they rely on Terms of
Use or need to update their Subscriber Agreement and/or CP/CPS? I don't
have a strong opinion here, but a defined effective date for these changes
might make sense.

Thanks,

Wayne