> This test incorrectly fails, although rarely, thinking its "thread 2" has
> deadlocked.
> A change of sleep will likely fix this, but there are other issues, so
> cleaning up the test a little.
>
> Remove the probe for the ManagementFactory class, to check we are on jdk5 or
> later. 8-)
>
> When sleeping, sleep 100, not 1ms, we don't need to spin fast and actually
> race with the other thread.
>
> We have a 1000 iteration loop, but don't seem to use it.  We only check once
> then either return (pass), fail, or break (which is also fail).  Use the loop
> to check for the status change, which is likely what was intended.
>
> Show the stackframes on all failures.

Kevin Walls has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge
or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in
by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains three additional commits since
the last revision:

 - Remove System.exit calls
 - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into
8188784_BroadcasterSupportDeadlockTest
 - 8188784: javax/management/notification/BroadcasterSupportDeadlockTest.java -
TEST FAILED: deadlock

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18687/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18687/files/5237f1d8..a77b3c85

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=18687&range=01
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=18687&range=00-01

  Stats: 16713 lines in 561 files changed: 8813 ins; 4016 del; 3884 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/18687/head:pull/18687

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18687