On Thu, 16 May 2024 02:37:40 GMT, Serguei Spitsyn <sspit...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> The following RFE was fixed recently:
> [8324680](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8324680): Replace NULL with
> nullptr in JVMTI generated code
>
> It replaced all the `NULL`'s in the generated spec with`nullptr`. JVMTI
> agents can be developed in C or C++.
> This update is to make it clear that `nullptr` is C programming language
> `null` pointer.
>
> I think we do not need a CSR for this fix.
>
> Testing: N/A (not needed)

src/hotspot/share/prims/jvmti.xml line 1008:

> 1006:     function descriptions.  Empty lists, arrays, sequences, etc are
> 1007:     returned as <code>nullptr</code> which is C programming language
> 1008:     <code>null</code> pointer.

Shouldn't this be "NULL"?  In any case, I think it would be helpful to expand
this a bit to make it clear that usages of "nullptr" in parameter and error
descriptions should be read or treated as  "NULL" when developing an agent in C
rather than C++.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19257#discussion_r1602803174