Daniel Zhang wrote:

Yes you can use SSL but it is a different story. You have to configure SSL for both Client and Server side, install the CA certificate, configure the keystore etc. For example, look at Tomcat SSL how-to at http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/ssl-howto.html.

I'm not using Tomcat as the server.

The back end logic is in Synergy DBL - that can't be called from any other language, the whole server is in DBL. Their HTTP API does offer use of SSL. I'll look into configuring the Java client side when I get that far.

The most important thing right now is implementnig compression.

(And getting rid of my "no deserializer found.." message!)

Nige