Hi,

I think that currently there is no way to change this, sorry. Checking over
the GitHub issue tracker I found this issue: Display file path of file in
the Editor title again · Issue #4259 · spyder-ide/spyder (github.com)
<https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/issues/4259>. I partially think that
at least the text over there should be truncated if not enough space is
available so maybe opening a new issue could be worthy.

Best regards,

Daniel