On Nov 21, 2017, at 7:30 AM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On 11/21/17, Paul Sanderson <sandersonforens...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Coincidence!  I have just been in my gmail folder marking a load of SQLite
>> email as 'not spam'
>
> I've been seeing mailing list emails go to spam for a while now.
> Nothing has changed with MailMan.  I think what we are seeing is the
> beginning of the end of email as a viable communication medium.
>
> I really need to come up with an alternative to the mailing list.
> Perhaps some kind of forum system.  Suggestions are welcomed.

I thought the idea that came up last time this subject came up was pretty good:
rework Fossil's ticketing system into a web forum.  Then everyone who clones
the repository also has a forum archive.

Import the current mail archive, and now everyone who clones gets a clean
FTSable copy of the old ML archives going back years and years.

I don’t mean that both purposes are served by the same code, I mean that the
ticketing system is already pretty far down the road toward a web forum.  If
they do end up sharing code, tickets would be a subset of the web forum, not
the other way around.

You don’t get proper threading with the current ticket comment system, but both
mailers I use these days lack that feature, as do most forum systems.  I miss
threading, but clearly I can live without it.