Keith Medcalf wrote:
> Yes, and the database will store the data as entered/bound if it
> cannot be converted to the requested storage type (column affinity).

Yes, that was my understanding and there-lies the problem. A column
of type DATE, TIME, or TIMESTAMP that may have NUMERIC and TEXT data.

> This is VERY IMPORTANT for you to understand fully and completely
> including all the rules for storage class and affinity conversions
> and how they are determined.  I would recommend that you SAY what
> you mean, and not confuse things (including yourself) by using
> "prayerful" data type declarations that are NOT in the proper set
> (INTEGER / REAL / NUMERIC / TEXT / BLOB).....

Unfortunately as a middle man between a database designer and a user,
who maybe the table creator, I do not get to decide what they define
and what they put in a table, a combination of types for Date perhaps,
or maybe just TEXT. The example given INSERT could give you the former.

By the way, most databases give exactly that INSERT when dumping data
for DATE, TIME, TIMESTAMP, etc., text. I'm not advocating a preferred
type for storage here.

Thank you for the response. I think I will go ahead and install SQLite
on a machine so that I can experiment some more directly via the command
line, before deciding on an action to take on the issues I'm having.

danap.