On 3 Jun 2018, at 9:48am, Thomas Kurz <sqlite.2...@t-net.ruhr> wrote:

> he problem not having a DATETIME field is, however, very simple: When reading
> a foreign database which stores date values as a number, I have to guess on
> how to get back the correct date. People and companies are very creative in
> that regard: Is it unix-based? Is it like Excel? Is it days, minutes,
> seconds, or even milliseconds? Since when? [snip]

You get that from the same place you get the units for numeric units.  Is
"length" inches or centimetres ?  Is "audit" TRUE when it has been audited or
when it needs auditing ?

> Import and export from/to text formats shouldn't be a problem either as other
> DBSs already support DATETIME and TIMESTAMP and obviously have found a
> representation of such values in SQL (it's probably defined in the SQL
> standard anyway).

There are indeed data types about date and time in section 4.5 of SQL95.
They're a weird by modern standards but they are there.

Simon.