Background: I never finished a degree back in the dark ages, but
recently was provided an opportunity to earn a degree to go along with
my experience at a really affordable price. As a result, I'm taking
various classes to demonstrate my worthiness. :)

Last semester I had a class that used Oracle. I still have nightmares.

This semester I am taking a class that has exposed me to postgresql
for the first time. I can appreciate why the SQLite teams question is
WWPGD when considering new features.

I've encountered a feature that I think would be awesome:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/dml-returning.html

Example: INSERT INTO blah (this, that, another) VALUES (x, y, z) RETURNING id;

It seems a very handy "single step" way (from the perspective of the
SQL programmer) to "select" some data from insert / update / delete
statements.

I concede to anyone who thinks this isn't very light their argument,
and agree it would add some amount of heft to SQLite. I suspect not
much, but I also know how easy it is for people who have no idea to
say that to me about my own software. I don't know. I concede to
anyone else who thinks we already have ways to do this their argument,
my thoughts are just that this could greatly simplify a lot of sql
code that currently has to prepare and execute at least two statements
to accomplish what is conceptually an atomic task.

Thank you for your time.

--
Scott Robison