The increase/decrease  in memory is almost certainly the cache (after running
the command once and before flushing look and see what Task Manager says for
"Cached", then look again after you do the flush and see if it releases it.
This is memory that would otherwise be unused being used by the filesystem
cache.  However, since USER+SYS is not equal or close to REAL, that means that
there is something else going on that is consuming time (waiting, defender, or
that something is being dispatched as a DPC and its execution time is not being
attributed to your process).

---
lot about anticipated traffic volume.