This is not strictly a SQLite question, though in my case it is.

Any application that involves a "persistent" database, i.e., one where the data
is long-lived and expected to exist and evolve over time, sooner or later has
the issue of moving customers from a V1 database to a V2 database.  Obviously
at least one technical issue (there are probably others) is how to convert
existing data from one DB format to another, given some arbitrary set of
changes in the database schema in the interim.

Are there accepted or best practices in the industry for handling this in
general, or with SQLite in particular?  Can anyone who has implemented this
make useful suggestions?  Or are there published resources I am missing?

Thanks in advance for whatever you can suggest.

Randall.