Could the problem arise due to filesystem corruption? Have you tried an fsck?

----- Original Message -----
From: R Smith <ryansmit...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2018, 17:35:28
Subject: [sqlite] error message: [FireDAC][Phys][SQLite] Database is locked

On 2018/10/12 2:44 PM, Lars Frederiksen wrote:
> I have tried that too! - I must admit that right now I am turning to a KISS
> solution: String-based database with functions and procedures in a class that
> handles the different jobs you do on a table. After all these old-fashioned
> DB's are not so picky :-)

It's sad to see someone get dismayed with what is usually a flawless
working system.
It's not the database that's tricky, it's the reason the file is locked.
This would be a problem with a string based file too.

Reading the above, I'm no longer convinced it's your anti-virus' fault
either.

Using Delphi FireDAC quite a bit, I can promise you that its SQLite
connectivity is working just fine, and while an Antivirus can lock a
file for the time it takes to check it, unless your database is
Gigabytes in size, that lock should be released within milliseconds,
unless found to be unsafe - but then the log should speak of it (which I
assume it doesn't).

This leaves other possible culprits as Windows Virtualization and
possible other programs/processes on your machine locking the DB file.
Do you have it open in any DB manager or other CLI or such?
What's the actual path of the folder containing the file on your drive?

Cheers,
Ryan