On 2018/10/12 8:19 PM, Lars Frederiksen wrote:
I type info into some labeledits and by pressing "Append to DB" button this
code is executed (fdqGoser2 is a FDQuery)

   fdqGloser2.Open;
   fdqGloser2.Append;
   fdqGloser2.FieldByName('Graesk').AsString:= ledGræsk.Text;
   fdqGloser2.FieldByName('Dansk').AsString:= ledDansk.Text;
   fdqGloser2.FieldByName('Lektion').AsString:= ledLektion.Text;
   fdqGloser2.FieldByName('Note').AsString:= ledNote.Text;
   fdqGloser2.FieldByName('Kategori').AsString:= ledKategori.Text;
   fdqGloser2.FieldByName('Langenscheidt').AsString:= ledLangenscheidt.Text;
   fdqGloser2.FieldByName('Ordtype').AsString:= ledOrdtype.Text;
   fdqGloser2.FieldByName('Boejning').AsString:= ledBøjning.Text;
   fdqGloser2.FieldByName('Graesk_ren').AsString:=
Trykløs_SmåBogstaver(fdqGloser2.FieldByName('Graesk').AsString);
   fdqGloser2.Post; [ here the error is triggered]

I wonder if some kind of property i fdqGloser2 is set wrong. I think the only
thing I have set i SQL ('SELECT * FROM Gloser2').

Any ideas?

This is a kind of novice way to do it, but should work fine (I'm not judging, it's just that I'm not 100% sure if Append starts a transaction or not, or if there is another command to follow Append after the field values are set, like AddRecord or CloseRecord or some such, before Post can be called - Prefer doing these lower down and have some control over it, but happy to do a little trouble-shooting).

What is fdqGloser2?    I mean what is its Delphi Type? (T..something... )

I'm guessing fdq is for Fire-DAC-Query, which makes it seem like this is from some tutorial.

Actually, this question is veering further and further away from an SQLite question - perhaps we should not spam everyone and move off-list (along with whomever wish to join). Send me off-list the entire Unit perhaps and the DB file (at least the schema if the content is sensitive), then I can have a look at what goes wrong. If someone else is interested in contributing to this, send me a mail too to include in the reply chain.