On 25/10/2018 9:11 AM, Richard Hipp wrote:
If you read the original CoC closely, you will find things that
required me to change it.  We have:

   18. Be a help in times of trouble
   19. Console the sorrowing
   31. Love your enemies
   34. Be not proud
   71. Make peace with your adversary before the sun sets

lol...hoist and petard etc. Nice change. You broke the ethics again tho...you made me laugh: "Speak no useless words or words that move to laughter".

I'm glad it says "follow spirit of The Rule to the best of their ability" since it means I can interpret it as I like, and ignore anything I am unable to agree with. Not sure that's ideal for any ethical code, but it means I can at least ignore all the god-stuff, masochism, starving, alcohol prohibition etc. And I do love a good grudge, so I'll hang on to my best ones. And my addiction to wine. The media "keep death daily before your eyes", so I can ignore that one as well. I don't have a spiritual mentor, so I guess I will just talk to my dogs more....which leads me to a possibility...replace "God" with "Dog"...that fixes a few more of them.