I like this.

If I were to use this (And I don't expect I'll ever have to since I
typically write just for me) the only addition I'd make to this is about
the reporting.

From a users perspective, if the utility has something to report "home"
with (lets say crash reports), it'd have to be ABUNDANTLY clear and written
on the tin that the software has the capability to do so, and CLEARLY give
the option to view exactly what is being transmitted, and never in an
automated way without users consent. ... unlike...
https://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Windows10-BSOD-640x353.jpg