On 4/5/07, Dennis Cote <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Martin Pelletier wrote:

> Hearing "sequel" for SQL always makes me cringe.

Me too! That is what prompted my original message. I just wanted to see
if I was perhaps the only one who was bothered by that pronunciation.

Thanks for the confirmation.

snobs ;-)

well, I am used to saying "My Ess Que Ell" even though its creator
insists that it is "Me Ess Que Ell" (Me is the name of his daughter).
But, somehow "See Que Lite" flows better than "Ess Que Lite" or worse
and incorrect "Ess Que Ell Lite"

In any case, unless DRH establishes a semi-official policy, let the
pronounciation be in public domain as well... to each her own.

Nelson Inst. for Env. Studies, UW-Madison http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation http://www.osgeo.org/education/