On 10/27/2014 01:49 PM, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
This is just a request-for-enhancement bug report, I've went to the
trouble or reproducing this problem in a simple test case and while
I probably wont be able to immediately benefit from an upstream fix
for this, I hope that this bug report will be perceived as helpful
and entered into your upstream bug tracking system (which seems to
not be public at this time).

This week I ran into a bug in my ~700 line complex schema which was
very hard to find.

After trying many things, including stepping through the
locateFKeyIndex() function issuing the not-so-informative
message "foreign key mismatch", I finally found that the
error was coming from another table with an incorrectly defined
foreign key.

Refering to function locateFKeyIndex() indicates you are looking at sources at least 22 months old. That particular error message has been improved since then. It's not quite as detailed as your proposal, but it is much better than it was.

Dan.