On 27 Oct 2014, at 8:17am, Clemens Ladisch <clem...@ladisch.de> wrote:

> Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
>> locateFKeyIndex() function issuing the not-so-informative
>> message "foreign key mismatch" [...]
>>
>>  o When foreign keys are enabled at CREATE TABLE time, it would
>>    be very helpful at this point to issue an error if a foreign
>>    key is declared which refers to a non-unique column (or compound
>>    FK referring to a non-unique set of keys in the parent table).
>
> The referenced table might not yet exist.

This is the problem, and it occurs with both FOREIGN KEYs and TRIGGERs.

I could do my standard thing and say that a schema with circular references
between tables is badly designed but I don't actually know whether this is true
or not.  Nevertheless, SQL allows circular references so SQLite should deal
with them.

Simon.