> You explicitly put strings into both columns.  The two values are the same
 > even though you declared the columns differently.  As I told you before,
 > if you want to see what type something is, use typeof(thing).
 >
 > ~
 > ~
 > ~
 > ~
 >
 > Simon.

Thank you guys. I follow this list so I may keep informed to the
happenins with SQLite for my project.

I have been having an issue on how to handle a defined DATE column.
Be it NUMBER, or TEXT with the sqlite-jdbc. If its value is TEXT
and I try to retrieve with getDate() a parsing error will occur
if its format is not correct, but if I handle it with getString()
no problem, don't care.

These responses helped to clarify what is going on and how to deal
with mixed type column content.

typeof(thing). :)

danap.