On Sep 7, 2016, at 11:02 AM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On 9/7/16, dmp <da...@dandymadeproductions.com> wrote:
>
>> The draft site looks and works fine, is fast for loads, doesn't
>> seem to require scripting, GOOD!
>
> Sorry to disappoint, but some pages (ex:
> https://www.sqlite.org/draft/c3ref/funclist.html) use JS to split long
> lists into multiple columns.  You can see this in action by dragging
> your browser window very wide or very narrow and pressing Reload on
> the example given in the previous sentence.  If JS is disabled, the
> list will not display at all.
>
> I don't know of a way to do that using only CSS.  If you know of a
> way, please enlighten me.

There is, but it requires using a feature of CSS3 that isn’t universally
deployed yet, particularly among the benighted IE users:

  https://responsivedesign.is/develop/css/css3-multiple-columns
  http://caniuse.com/#feat=multicolumn

If you don’t want to use that, then may I suggest that you attach the layout
reflow to the window.onresize event, so you don’t have to reload the page for
the layout to reflow?