On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 10:55 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> Most of the world views the internet on their phone now, I am told,
> and websites are suppose to be "responsive", meaning that they
> reformat themselves to be attractive and useful for the majority who
> view them through a 320x480 pixel soda-straw.  In an effort to conform
> to this trend, I have made some changes to the *draft* SQLite website
> (http://sqlite.org/draft) Your feedback on these changes is
> appreciated.  Please be sure to try out the new design both on a
> narrow-screen phone and on a traditional desktop browser.  The goal is
> to provide a more mobile-friendly website without reducing the
> information content available to desktop users.

FWIW, I tried it on my 240x320 phone running Android 2.3 [1],
and a retina iPad. Many little things don't work too well on the phone,
like using a 2-columns layout with API names on the left (single line),
and mulit-line description on the right. Lots of whitespice below the
former,
and truncated text on the right for the latter. Also the initial page load,
and a pinch-to-zoom-out leads to different text sizes, weird. Impossible
to go back to initial page size, which also has a hidden RHS margin one
can H-scroll (before zooming out), and which contains text later below
in the page. Also the hidden TOC closed icon/char is a square (missing char
IMHO)
while the open one is the down-triangle as expected.

On the Retina iPad, the original site's fine, and actually looked better
IMHO.
On the Draft one, the 3-columns API list in cintro becomes 2-columns,
some paragraphs no longer align on the same vertical, little things like
that.
But overall both versions are functional, it's just my impression the new
one
doesn't bring bring anything, and on the contrary adds tiny/harmless
"style regressions" (but it's really just a taste and attention to detail
thing).
FWIW, I often read the SQLite side on that iPad.

That 5-years old phone is smaller that your minimum size, but despite the
weirdness I describe above, one can still access the content, and to be
honest
I never tried to current site on it :). Tried it only because you asked.
--DD

[1] http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_mini_s5570-3725.php