On Thu Mar 12, 2020 at 04:17:59PM -0400, Richard Hipp wrote:
> I have set up an on-line forum as a replacement for this mailing list:
>
>     https://sqlite.org/forum
>     https://www.sqlite.org/forum/forumpost/a6a27d79ac

I know this topic has already been discussed deeply on this list, but I
would like to add my resistance "vote."

For experienced vim/emacs/$EDITOR users, Email composition via web
browser is one of the most debilitating experiences that can be
imposed.  I have kept well away from Gmail-like platforms for this
reason. In the other direction I also fear the loss of reading quality
in my email client as Markdown-isms or html content take hold.

On a purely technical note, although I haven't looked at the web
interface in detail, I am wondering what (apparently invisible)
anti-spam features are present. It seems rather easy to Preview and
Submit as anonymous.

--
Mark Lawrence