On 9/11/2002 at 3:56 PM Hemanth Setty wrote:

>Correct me if I wrong, I think in the bean it should be:
>void setCategoryName(Map categoryName) and
>Map getCategoryName()
>-hemanth

I'm reasonably certain that you're wrong. The map-backed ActionForm parsing
code doesn't actually presume that there's a Map backing the property, just
something which acts like a map in that there exist these methods:

void setCategory(String key, Object value);
Object getCategory(String key);

on the bean. The underlying data storage object could be essentially
anything.

Of course, I didn't write this code, just tried to document it, so I may be
wrong.

- donald