The output of randomTrips is (as the name suggest) quite random and thus
generally not realistic.
The behavior you describe is a bit unclear though. If you only add a single
stop per vehicle then the vehicle should drive to its original destination
and disappear after finishing the stop.
Check the --vehroute-output to see how many stops a vehicle actually made
and how it's final route looks.

If you want more complex plans (i.e. stop and then go back to the origin,
you need more complex tooling.
Take a look at
SAGA (https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Contributed/index.html)
and activitygen:
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Demand/Activity-based_Demand_Generation.html

Or if you are inclined to programming in python, here is an idea for how
randomTrips could accomodate your use case in a general fashion (pull
requests are welcome)
https://github.com/eclipse-sumo/sumo/issues/14817
https://github.com/eclipse-sumo/sumo/issues/14818

regards,