Question #41199 on Pidgin changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/pidgin/+question/41199

Richard Laager proposed the following answer:
On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 17:30 +0000, jayasimha3000 wrote:
> Would like to if it would be feasible to add translation support for Pidgin,
> in launch pad.

We leave it up to each translator to determine which tools to use. If a
particular translator wants to use Rosetta (on Launchpad), they can.
They'll just need to import our .pot file and ship us a .po file.

Richard

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for Pidgin.