Hi Cedric,

The Google servers made a change as of a day or two ago and no one's yet
worked out what url we should be using for auth now.

Unfortunately the bitbucket tracker for the plugin is offline due to spam
problems, but if you keep an eye on
https://github.com/tdryer/hangups/issues/260 that's probably the closest
way to see progress. (please refrain from any "me too" posts there though
as that's not the actual issue tracker for the Pidgin plugin)

If you had previously been using it successfully and still have access to
the old config, you could take the access/refresh token from the hangouts
section of the ~/.purple/accounts.xml file on the working install and paste
that into the accounts.xml file in the new install (while Pidgin isn't
running)

Otherwise we'll have to wait until someone (or me) finds the new auth url
to use.

Cheers,
Eion