Hello Jeromie

>I have been looking into oil from algae and it seams like lots of talk
>and nothing else.

That's quite right. Please see "Oil from algae":

"... there is no such thing as biodiesel from algae apart from a few
laboratory samples".
<http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_yield.html#alg>

All is explained. Also many previous posts in the list archives (searchable).

>Is there something fundamentally wrong or missing
>with the process?

According to John Benemann, what's missing is $100 million or more
and another 18 years. Well, hopefully less than 18 years. It'll
almost certainly be industrial scale stuff though (probably with GMOs
too), not for backyarders, not Appropriate Technology, so perhaps not
very important when it comes to real solutions.

Methinks too much of the talk is fired by folks who see it as the
Great Green Hope that'll replace fossil fuels so we can all go on
guzzling gas without a care as if there's no tomorrow. See "How much
fuel can we grow? How much land will it take?"
<http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html#howmuch>

Best

Keith