I don't care much for trailing whitespace but I thought we should respect the
trailing whitespace in the event that it is significant.

If I'm worried about precision in a string, I turn on the display of whitespace
characters and make sure everything is as expected.

I also think it would surprise me if I put a space there and then the compiler
removes it.

Also, what would this mean?

"""
Line 1    \
Line 2
"""

Is that backslash escaping the newline? or is it there to include the trailing
whitespace on Line 1?

> On Apr 13, 2017, at 9:20 AM, Adrian Zubarev <adrian.zuba...@devandartist.com>
> wrote:
>
> This is not an assumptions but a fact that the trailing spaces cannot and
> should not exist without an explicit annotation for precision, otherwise the
> backslash looses one of its main and significant functionality.
>

> --
> Adrian Zubarev
> Sent with Airmail
>
> Am 13. April 2017 um 15:13:50, Ricardo Parada (rpar...@mac.com
> <mailto:rpar...@mac.com>) schrieb:
>
>> Hi Adrian,
>>
>> My conclusion that we should leave it alone is based on the assumption that
>> someone may consider the trailing whitespace significant and correct.
>>

>>> On Apr 13, 2017, at 9:05 AM, Adrian Zubarev
>>> <adrian.zuba...@devandartist.com <mailto:adrian.zuba...@devandartist.com>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> That would be so wrong, because it’s not obvious to anyone how long your
>>> string will be.
>>>
>>> """
>>> foo