Rainer Gerhards writes:
 > >  > I would, however, like to extend the core syslog format to
 > > support  > [...]  needs to send a larger message
 > Well, I know Microsoft does not necessarily do it smartly. Many

 > ------- BEING LOG ENTRY ;) -----
 [deleted about 3k]
 > -------- END LOG ENTRY ------

 > Still objections?

I think it is "silly" to make log-entries of this size. BUT, it seams
to be happening. Therefore, I agree with Rainer; we should support it.
And so, we should do it in -sign.

BTW,
The same example also shows we NEED to allow '\n' in a logline.

Chris, can you add it to the issue list?

I think we shoul only allow \n  (1 char) as lin e terminator; each
flatform has to translate it into the correct \r\n, \n \n\r sequence
before "printing it". Then the logmsg is independent.

--
ALbert Mietus
        Send prive mail to:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]