The twitterverse has been talking of nothing else.

Personally, I will be very cautiously optimistic.

The best case scenario is one suggested by Bob Barr:

   - OSGB changes it's business model from pay-to-use to transaction based
   (a la Land Registry).
   - The £80 million (2 years at £40 million) is used to cushion revenue &
   staff implications
   - Master Map is then released under OGL going on

Perhaps more likely is a special free service agreement for restricted
classes of businesses (SMEs) along the lines of PSMA (I blagged this point
from someone else).

Even if MM is all under OGL I suspect OSGB would not acquiesce to the
current form of attribution on OSM.

Owen Boswarva's asks if this would
<https://twitter.com/owenboswarva/status/933477244269481984s>mean the end
of OSM mapping in UK. A provocative thought.

Jerry