I agree, with the caveat that different tasks demand different
comic book gets a rotten tomato.

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> It showed how a team of soldiers came into an area and set up a
> portable
> radar device. It was great technical communication because it did the
> job:
> spoke the language (minus the expletives) of the audience, was
> written to
> their reading level (about 4th grade), and used conventions with
> which
> they were familiar (comic book panels and 'comic sans' type). The
> Army
> loved it, too apparently.
>
> Whatever works is what we should do. Not everything is or should be a
> presentation piece.

http://technical-writing.dionysius.com/
technical writing | consulting | development

Be a better friend, newshound, and

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.