Thomas Johnson inquired:

> A co-worker asked me if there is some established target for
> how much time to spend on each slide in a PowerPoint
> presentation. We're working on a training presentation for
> clients to introduce a new technology/product line. I'd be
> interested in what the group has to say about the number of
> slides per hour and the ideal number of slides per session
> (assuming training is going to run for most of a day). If you
> have any suggestions for pacing, suggested length of each
> session, or any other helpful guidelines, I'd value your input.

Does anybody even like training that's delivered as a stack of
PP slides?

I think the amount of time per slide depends entirely on how
much stuff you cram onto each slide.

Also, what is the purpose?  Is it merely intro/familiarization,
and nobody is really expected to remember anything? (Just sorta
recognize it when it arrives for real, later on?)  Or is it
actual training where people are expected to leave the event
with some new concepts and useful skills?

Will you be canning every word that you deliver (so lots and lots
of slides with a depth of detail) or will each slide be just a
rough jump-off point for largely extemporaneous remarks and
explanations?

Will the attendees be given the presentation as a printout?

If so, will you leave room for them to write comments and
detailed notes per slide?

All this and many more questions will inform the answers to
your questions... or make them moot.    :-)

I ask all this stuff only because you used the word "training",
implying that it wasn't just a product kick-off rah-rah session.

 - Kevin

or disclosing it.

solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or HTML and
publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals. Download Free Trial.
www.doctohelp.comhttp://www.techcommpros.com/componentone/