--- Begin Message ---
On Sun, 8 Aug 2021 12:02:53 -0700
Guy Harris <ghar...@sonic.net> wrote:

[...]
> I've checked in a change to explicitly tell CMake "this is a C-only
> project, don't check for a C++ compiler", so it should now think it's
> building 64-bit when building with GCC.
>
> See whether that fixes things.

Thank you for investigating this problem and making the changes. All
results below come from the unstable11s host (with OpenCSW packages).
I confirm this change has fixed GCC+CMake case when building tcpdump
with the system libpcap (4 builds), in that CMake starts to detect
libpcap features it did not before, for example:

-- Looking for pcap_findalldevs
-- Looking for pcap_findalldevs - found
("tcpdump -D" works, although does not print anything)

However, in the same context building tcpdump with local libpcap in
../libpcap (4 builds) no longer works, in that the resulting tcpdump
binary segfaults itself and makes ldd segfault:

ldd /tmp/tcpdump_build_matrix.XXYkrCSb/bin/tcpdump
ldd: /tmp/tcpdump_build_matrix.XXYkrCSb/bin/tcpdump: execution failed
due to signal 11 (core dumped)

file /tmp/tcpdump_build_matrix.XXYkrCSb/bin/tcpdump
/tmp/tcpdump_build_matrix.XXYkrCSb/bin/tcpdump: ELF 64-bit MSB
executable SPARCV9 Version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped, no
debugging information available

/tmp/tcpdump_build_matrix.XXYkrCSb/bin/tcpdump --version
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Autoconf build with GCC works with both the system and the local
libpcap (8 builds), as before.

Sun C works with both CMake and Autoconf, with both the system and the
local libpcap (16 builds), as before.

Let me know in case you need more testing/diagnostics.

--
    Denis Ovsienko

--- End Message ---