I guess I am the author... ARYuanB5-MD is the font.

For further background, the stock tessdata_best/chi_tra.traineddata did not do
a good job at all on the text I'm trying to recognize.

So I retrained:
- copying the existing Chinese wordlist and added additional characters and
sentences (total 47,000 lines)
- rendered ground truth images (with the special font) and box files
- used lang data from "chi_tra" (config, unicharset, Han.xx, Latin.xx,
radical-stroke etc)
- ran lstmtraining with 30,000 iterations

lstmtraining completed with BCER of 0.846:

> At iteration 2689/30000/30013, mean rms=0.244%, delta=0.426%, BCER
> train=1.425%, BWER train=3.900%, skip ratio=0.000%, New worst BCER = 1.425
> wrote checkpoint.
> Finished! Selected model with minimal training error rate (BCER) = 0.846

Then copy the output ARYuanB5-MD.traineddata to tessdata directory.

With that traineddata, OCR is very good on the input text... except for the "對"
character, which outputs the extra "xlz".

Neither the ground-truth nor the wordlist has "xlz" anywhere in it.

Any suggestions on how to track this down?

Thanks