> Now that we have system-upgrade instead of fedup, I don't think we need to
> split every single upgrade test case between bios and uefi, as we have it
> right now:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:Installation_test_matrix#Upgrade
>
> The difference is that fedup created its own upgrade environment, a new boot
> menu, a special initrd, contained a lot of systemd-related hacks.
> System-upgrade uses the standard "offline upgrade" environment, so if
> offline upgrades ever worked for you, there should be no difference. It
> doesn't create its own boot menu, it doesn't have a separate initrd. It uses
> the standard way of booting your system - if your system boots, the upgrade
> process should boot as well :) Likewise for adding a new boot entries during
> the upgrade - if kernel updates work well for you, there should be no
> problem adding a new kernel entry during upgrade, it's the same operation.
>
> So, I'd like to save some unnecessary work and merge "x86_64 BIOS" and
> "x86_64 UEFI" columns into "x86_64" column in that wiki matrix.
>
> I'd also like to add two new test cases:
> QA:Testcase_upgrade_dnf_previous_bios
> QA:Testcase_upgrade_dnf_previous_uefi
>
> This will only serve as a way to track that we have tested both environments,
> but it no longer matters which product was used to perform the testing, and
> also we no longer need to test all combinations. So, if you tested
> workstation on bios, you can fill out two test cases immediately
> (_workstation and _bios). If you tested minimal on uefi, the same applies.
>
> I think it's valuable to keep bios vs uefi differentiation in the table at
> least in the form of these two additional test cases, because it's still a
> system upgrade, and there are some critical components which can break (like
> a new major release of efibootmgr or grub). We should make sure we've tested
> both variants. But this way, it adds virtually no extra work (compared to
> testing all combinations of it) and still gives us almost the same test
> value.

Oh, one more thing - similarly to _bios and _uefi test cases, I'd like to
change existing _workstation_encrypted test case to just _encrypted test case -
it shouldn't matter which package set is installed to verify that there's no
issue with unlocking your drives. This way you can easily fill 3 test cases
with just a single test (e.g. minimal + encrypted + bios).