Chris Murphy <li...@colorremedies.com> wrote on Mon, 27 May 2019 22:27:16 -0600:

>Dual Fedora's isn't officially supported. The installer almost always
>steps on the previous Fedora's bootloader making it unbootable, in
>favor of a new bootloader for the new Fedora installation.

This deserves some attention.  I expect to be able to install Fedora in
some disk space, and still be able to boot an older Fedora previously
installed in other disk space.

I would like the Fedora Installer to be aggressive when it builds its new
boot configuration file, and copy as much as it can from old boot
configuration data.  Certainly it cannot understand everything, but I
would prefer a menu item with some comment that Fedora does not know if
this will work but has included it because it was found in the existing
system, than to find my old configuration was simply discarded by a new
Fedora installation.

It may be the best solution is some dual strategy that has the Fedora
Installer do what is "easy" (other simple Fedora systems, maybe Windows)
and leaves harder cases (unknown systems, unusual configurations, storage
volumes that are not accessible during installation) for some utility
that can be executed after installation by a user who can quide it to
make desired changes to the boot configuration.

"Do no harm." applies here, because recovery of boot configuration data
lost during Fedora installation requires knowledge and experience beyond
what many users have.