Hi,

On 2024-04-16 13:46, Detlef Riekenberg via Tinycc-devel wrote:

My suggestions:
* Please hold back any commit before the release.
* If you think, you have an urgent change to fix an urgent bug,
discuss it on the mailing list first.
* Together, we decide, if we postpone the change after the release is out,
or commit the fix before the release.
(Unfortunately, a commit will likely delay the release even longer)

I agree with the goal, but not with the method.
Are we seriously asking anyone to hold their commits? And if they are not part of the ML and just fixed a bug?

Isn't it more reasonable to make a release-candidate branch from the current HEAD, for example, and review that thoroughly and let people continue sending patches to mob as always?

I say this for several reasons, one being the fact that it's probably simpler for contributors and the second being that we have no mechanism to make people stop commiting to mob.

Best,
Ekaitz