Hi Ekaitz

>> My suggestions:
>> * Please hold back any commit before the release.
>> * If you think, you have an urgent change to fix an urgent bug,
>> discuss it on the mailing list first.
>> * Together, we decide, if we postpone the change after the release is out,
>> or commit the fix before the release.
>> (Unfortunately, a commit will likely delay the release even longer)

> I agree with the goal,

Thanks

>but not with the method.

I do not know any better method, which has the possibility to work.

> Are we seriously asking anyone to hold their commits?

YES

> And if they are not part of the ML and just fixed a bug?

Then we have to wait longer for a release.

> Isn't it more reasonable to make a release-candidate branch
> from the current HEAD, for example,
> and review that thoroughly
> and let people continue sending patches to mob as always?

Nope.
Who is going the review the release candidate branch
and test the tinycc from the release candidate branch?

Are you willing to do reviews and test the release candidate branch,
or would you ignore the release candidate branch (like everyone else)
and continue to commit changes to the mob branch?

I tested tcc with several C projects and filed some bug reports,
but i didn't recognized anyone else doing tests
and reporting back the test results on tbe mailing list.

A seperate branch is possible and even mentioned ("personal mob branch")
on the repository page: https://repo.or.cz/tinycc.git
Nobody uses it.
Since years

We do not have hundreds of active developer working to improve tinycc.
For the last 6 month, i probably saw a dozen or less people
pushing changes to `mob`.

> I say this for several reasons,
> one being the fact that it's probably simpler for contributors

The `mob` branch is the simplest way to contribute code to tinycc,
but the stability of the `mob` branch
depends on every developer pushing to `mob`.

> and the second being that we have no mechanism
> to make people stop commiting to mob.

Only the project admin (grischka)
can change the text on the repository page
or probably block pushes to the mob branch.

That's why i always ask @grischka to make a release.

--
Regards ... Detlef