well,

this is my (a colleague's) code:

Receive.receive(TOS_MsgPtr m)
IntMsg *message=(IntMsg*)buffer.data;
message->val=m->strength;

doesn't look too different.

although our experiments were done on the actual motes and we broadcast the value in a message packet as you can see.

Sankar.

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 00:11:29 -0500, Rajat Bansal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

dear sanskar,

1) which version of tinyos did u use?

2) i am attaching my code for recieved packet.

event TOS_MsgPtr ReceiveIntMsg.receive(TOS_MsgPtr m) {

  TOS_MsgPtr ret = m;
  IntMsgnew*message = (IntMsgnew *)m->data;
    atomic{receivednode=message->src;}
  //  call ADC.getData();
  //  call ADCBattery.getData();
        updateNeighbors(message->src,message->val,message->seqNo);
dbg(DBG_USR1,"strength %d",m->strength); --> this is how i am trying to access...
     //  printNeighbors();
     call Leds.redToggle();
     ret = m;

this is a simple code i have written for recieved packet..i dont know wat seems to be the problem. can u make out some mistake?

-rajat