> From: Dmitri Colebatch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: JkMount in httpd.conf
> Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 09:27:05 +1000
>
> I'm not sure if this has been solved or not, but I had problems getting the
> virtual hosts to work in server.xml when the virtual host was based on port
> and not name.  Is this is what you're trying to do?
> dim

Hi Dim (and all at all)...

My virtual host is running well. Port or name - it doesn't matter - and there is
a difference between your case and my one - I'm using apache for virtual host
and your question is about server.xml (I have no experience with that kind of
virtual host).

Strange for me is that one JkMount works and another doesn't. I read "Working
with mod_jk" papers, but there are more examples than formal definitions. So I
can ask:

Is this path "/intranet/WEB-INF/classes/Hello" covered with these JkMounts?
        1.      JkMount /intranet/* worker
        2.      JkMount /*classes/* worker
        3.      JkMount /classes/* worker
Is second parameter used as a needed substring or what?

And when talking about redirection from Apache to Tomcat... One another
question:

I have a picture x.jpg in Tomcat project and so it is deployed as
webapps/payportal/x.jpg among another jsps. Now when browser loads this jsp (in
fact on client side it is only html) it finds out that there is an image and
sends a reqest for it, doesn't it?
Now - how can Apache know, that this image is not in my web-data/payportal/x.jpg
(which doesn't exist in fact) and that this request has to be redirected to
Tomcat. JPG is not JSP! I have no JkMount for this case?
Is there any implicit redirection?

These mechanisms are not transparent for me (or "I don't understend them"). ;-)

Richard "Virgo" Richter