Friday, July 06, 2001, 7:02:45 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

RL>         The InetAddress...getHostName() call will use the DNS databases.
RL> For most computers, however, this won't return anything useful.

That is not true. Most of US IPs have PTR records. That includes your
own IP, that you had when sending your msg. By far, most servers have rDNS,
most dynamic IPs do, most static IPs for cable/DSL do, and even most routers
do.

Asia (particularly Taiwan, China and Korea) is probably the worst, as
far as being able to to rDNS. But even they might be a little over
50%, especially Japan.