> RL>         The InetAddress...getHostName() call will use the DNS
databases.
> RL> For most computers, however, this won't return anything useful.
>
> That is not true. Most of US IPs have PTR records. That includes your
> own IP, that you had when sending your msg. By far, most servers have
rDNS,
> most dynamic IPs do, most static IPs for cable/DSL do, and even most
routers
> do.

The IP address I was testing is 216.122.43.90 and I am able to do a reverse
lookup using dig from the webserver.  It just seems to me that the
InetAddress class is perhaps not using whatever it needs to do to use DNS.
Does anybody know what the implementation of InetAddress is actually doing
under the hood?

David