So what did you do then: change "localhost" in server.xml to "images", and restart Tomcat, then restart Apache? Or did you add "images" to the already existing "localhost" in server.xml? If the latter, you will need to do what I described in my previous message.

If you have "localhost" and "images" you have TWO virtual hosts, not one. Localhost counts as one.

John

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:33:41 -0300, Martín Mauri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

no, the thing's that I've just got only one virtual host called images
that's auto-generated in mod_jk.conf and as that file is included in
httpd.conf I assume I don't have to modify it, or is it better than I
replace it with a "*" anyway??

and yes, I have all the jkMount directives inside the VirtualHost
container...

any suggestion?

thanks !

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Turner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 12:15 PM
Subject: Re: Redirector problem? Apache 2.0.43 - Tomcat 4.1

Is there more than one name-based virtual host? If so, do the following:

- enable NameVirtualHost in httpd.conf, and set it to "*"

- change your "VirtualHost images" to "VirtualHost *"

I'm assuming you have JkMount directives inside your VirtualHost
container?

Note that if you have more than one virtual host, you'll want to edit mod_jk.conf manually, and also remember not toleave your changes in CATALINA_HOME/conf/auto, as your changes will be overwritten every time Tomcat starts if you use that mod_jk.conf file. I typically let Tomcat generate mod_jk.conf for me, then I copy it to APACHE_HOME/conf, and
modify
to suit my needs. The auto-config option for Tomcat isn't very robust,
for
all but the simplest configurations you will want to create mod_jk.conf
from scratch or modify the one that Tomcat generates. It does make things
a little easier, though, because it automatically creates the directory
protection directives for things like WEB-INF and other housekeeping
stuff.

John

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:10:28 -0300, Martín Mauri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> ok, in both of them is "images"
>
> I've setup the following in mod_jk.conf:
>
> <VirtualHost images>
> ServerName images
>
> and the following in server.xml:
>
> <Host name="images" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
> unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
> <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
> append="true" forwardAll="false"
> modJK="/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so" />
>
> any idea?
>
> thanks..

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>