I can access internet radio on my SBT as expected. When I go to BBC
iplayer, it plays the recorded programs on the various channels but does
not play the live broadcast.
After assessing variables I discovered that this only happens when the
SBT is connected to my external DAC (an old Wadia12). When I connect the
SBT to my amp via analogue outputs, the BBC live plays fine.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I suspect it is because my DAC
is several years old, but it would be interesting to see if it happens
on newer DACs, and what the explanation is for this behaviour.