The session ID is a servlet engine level entity
it is not set by turbine..

But the hijacking you speak of is totaly possible
and there is nothing to stop it..

There is not enough other information available
from the client in the http request to ensure
that the client is the same entity that made previous
requests, that is what the session id is for.